Welcome to the Nexcra Software press page! Below you'll find an overview of the studio, the Fact Sheet for our latest game, Armored ACORNs, and a download link for the Press Kit.
If any additional information or materials are needed for promotion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nexcra Software is a small independent game studio founded on November 11, 2011 (11/11/11) by Paul De Leon and Justin Yamaguchi.
We are inspired by the games we’ve played in the past, but also draw inspiration from other sources (wherever they may be!) to create original, fun, and easy to play games.
We have shipped the following games:
- Armored ACORNs: Action Squirrel Squad for the Wii U™ in March 2017 (currently available for download in the Nintendo eShop).
- Groundbreakers Inc. for the iPad in December 2014 (discontinued in late 2016).
- Mighty Guppy for the iPhone in September 2012 (discontinued in late 2016).
Armored ACORNs is a local co-op 2D arcade beat ‘em up for Wii U™. It follows the adventures of four friends, who happen to be squirrels, that go on a quest to save their kidnapped friend (also a squirrel) from an evil energy corporation (run by a cat). Small in stature, they were unable to save their friend from being kidnapped, but eventually discovered hidden machines called ACORNs that more than helped even out the playing field.
- Arcade-Style Beat 'Em Up Action — Play as squirrels, robots, vehicles, and more through retro-inspired fun! And don't forget to launch your Armored Mode — a special super ability for each squirrel when the moments get tough!
- 1-4 Player Local Couch Co-op Multiplayer — Team up with up to 4 players on screen and use the unique repair ability to save your friends in the action!
- An Epic Story of Four Friends — Including comic-style cut scenes and quirky dialogue to introduce the heroes Flapjack, Foxglove, Nitelite, and Pothole as they fight their way through caves, forests, cities, and more!
- Exclusive Wii U™ GamePad Experience — Scan your enemies and other objects for helpful hints along the way!